Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Day My Dog Died and I Got a Black Eye...

After a quick lunch conversation revolving around the latest relationship gossip, my friend made a comment about men and their numerous excuses... We joked for awhile and I started making a list of some of the best excuses I've heard and the ones that have been given to my friends.  After a few hours of office laughs, my co-worker told me to start a blog and to start posting these fabulous and often amusing excuses.. Hence.. The Day My Dog Died and I Got a Black Eye...
So I will start this blog with my two favorite excuse so far...

1. My dog died...

My friend was given this excuse... She was told he needed a break because his dog died...

I, who am full of words, is speechless on this one... I love my dog and men have an even stranger attachment to their dogs... so in my mind if your dog died wouldn't you want some comfort? At least some sympathy action? Yeah.. Whatever.. This guy will forever go down in the history book of my life as the guy who used his dog to break up with my friend... 

2. I got a black eye and just don't want to be seen in public..

Now while a friend has backed this one up and has verified that tripping on a box and hitting a TV at the exact spot on your face that will give you a black eye is possible..  I have my own personal doubts...  After giggling at this story I thought about the probability of this excuse...
To you Mr. Black Eye... Lucky you for only hitting your face hard enough to give you a black eye but to not really doing any other type of damage. You didn't hit your chin, your forehead, your nose, or extruding part of your face? You made impact with the TV with the part of your face that is least protruding? It's a God damn miracle... Hey, next time be sure to whack your head on something else not important... like the part of your brain that made you think I was stupid enough to believe that one... and watch out for those TVs that jump out of no where and smack you in the eye...

No comments:

Post a Comment