
First, I had to overcome my own judgmental thoughts about online dating. I had to give up on my fairy tale love story. I had to relinquish my dreams of meeting my soul mate at work or of passing him in a crowded room. I had to accept that I might not be able to tell our grandchildren that we met in the break room; that we knew it was love at first sight I had to accept that I am nearly 30. I had to realize that if I want to have these hypothetical grandchildren that I will need to venture outside of my office. Especially since I have already dated two of my coworkers and I am not going to attempt a third time a charm scenario. In order to give this a fair chance, I also have to realize that love and relationships come in all sizes, packages, and more importantly.. all types of beginnings.
Second, my current methods of dating have been failing miserably. It is time to accept that I was the practice girlfriend and I was fishing in the wrong pond. I can only assume my friends are equally exhausted of my failed relationship attempts and my questionable judgement in men. So why not leave it up to a computer? I mean it's based on 29 Dimensions of Compatibility. Clearly, it has to be better than my biological and emotional reaction to a man which is based on only a few levels of compatibility and, in all honesty, it's rather one dimensional. As I said, I am nearly 30! Time to grow up and become multidimensional!
Third, with deciding to take this step. I have to accept that my fun loving, good time girlfriends are also nearly 30 and also growing up. The majority of my best friends are married or are getting married! They are having children, they are getting tired before midnight, and if they do not fall into one of these groups, they are searching for their own soul mates. They are aging too and they are tired of trolling the bars with me looking for hot available men. They are exhausted themselves and going out on the town with me after yet another break up is taking it's toll on them too... We're getting old! Some of them are even dipping their toes into this internet sea, too. We are all searching for our big catches!So I have accepted these valuable truths and signed up for the dreaded and yet at the same time.. Ever so hopeful online dating scene. I decided it is time to fish the hell out of this sea! To attempt to land the biggest bass! And to finally catch my dream king fish!

No comments:
Post a Comment